csboard 0.8 released
Posted on: 04/02/2007 09:11 AM
CsBoard is a small GUI for playing chess with programs like gnuchess, crafty, play on Internet Chess Servers like freechess.org, viewing games in PGN format, save and organize games into collections to search them later.
It is written in C# and uses gtk-sharp and mono. CsBoard uses gnuchess as an engine, but you can also play with crafty or phalanx.
* Where to get it ?
* What's changed ?
Release 0.8 contains:
* Internet Chess Server (ICS) client
* You can play on the ICS server, watch other games (especially the games played by Grand Masters live, if there are any tournaments going on)
* save games into a database and organize them into collections
* rate games and tag them so that they can be searched easily
* Encyclopaedia of Chess Openings (ECO) database
* 'csboard' is the main command to start the app. The viewer can be started with 'csviewer'
* Screencasts posted on the site http://csboard.berlios.de
* uses cairo graphics