Good news, everyone!
A new Clutter release is now available at: http://source.clutter-project.org/sources/clutter/1.8/ http://download.gnome.org/sources/clutter/1.8/
Additionally, a git clone of the source tree:
git clone git://git.gnome.org/clutter
will include a signed 1.8.0 tag which points to a commit named:
which can be verified with:
git verify-tag 1.8.0
and can be checked out with a command such as:
git checkout -b build 1.8.0
Clutter is a library for creating compelling, dynamic and portable graphical
user interfaces. Clutter is released under the terms of the GNU Lesser
General Public License, version 2.1 or (at your option) later.
Clutter depends on:
GLib ≥ 2.28.0
JSON-GLib ≥ 0.12.0
Cogl ≥ 1.8.0
Cairo ≥ 1.10
Pango ≥ 1.20
Atk ≥ 2.1.5
Clutter also has platform-specific dependencies; for more information, see
the README file included in the release.
- This version is the first stable release of the 1.8 cycle.
- This version is API and ABI compatible with the current stable
release of Clutter.
- Installing the contents of this release will overwrite the files
from the installation of the current release of Clutter.
- Bugs should be reported on the Clutter Bugzilla product, at: http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=clutter
• List of changes since Clutter 1.7.90
- Add debug options to catch out-of-band transformations
Transformations performed outside of the ::apply_transform() virtual
function are problematic for Clutter, as they might break paint volume,
culling, and event handling. The "oob-transform" debug mode will add a
check and a warning if the expected modelview matrix as computed by
Clutter is not the current modelview matrix set when painting an actor.
This debug mode should help when debugging some hard to pinpoint redraw
- Implicitly clip to the stage viewport
This should avoid degenerate clip regions.
- Paint editable Text actors even when empty
If the cursor is visible we need to actually paint it.
- Do not fall back to the text color for the selection color
This avoids invisible text in case the selected-text-color property
is not set in ClutterText.
- Add a fall back to wildcard source durations in ClutterState
This allows having wildcard sources to provide a duration for
- Translations updates
Indonesia, Lithuanian, Catalan, Tamil, Slovenian, Hindi, Kannada.
• List of bugs fixed since Clutter 1.7.90
#659069 - text: Take out a nonsense fallback
#659116 - text: We still have to paint the actor if the cursor is visible
#659200 - [PATCH] Use correct duration on ClutterState transitions with
#659501 - Queue a redraw when removing an effect by name
Many thanks to:
Robert Bragg, Shankar Prasad, Andika Triwidada, Aurimas Černius,
Gil Forcada, I Felix, Jasper St. Pierre, Martin Srebotnjak,
Matej Urbančič, Rajesh Ranjan, Rui Matos, Tomeu Vizoso,
Craig R. Hughes
Have fun with Clutter!
Intel Open Source Technology Center