cairo release 0.9.0 now available
Posted on: 08/09/2005 10:58 AM
A new cairo release 0.9.0 is now available from: http://cairographics.org/snapshots/cairo-0.9.0.tar.gz http://cairographics.org/snapshots/cairo-0.9.0.tar.gz.md5
This is a development release leading up to cairo 1.0.
The cairo 1.0 release will be source and binary compatible with the cairo 0.9.x series. All API changes in cairo 0.9.x are finalized at this point, and cairo 0.9.x should be considered API frozen. Barring discovery of serious issues with the new APIs, no API changes are anticipated between this release and the 1.0 release.
Have fun! And please report any problems against the cairo product at:
Notes on this release are included below.
Release 0.9.0 (2005-08-08 Carl Worth lt;firstname.lastname@example.org;)
* Add a new function call to set the current antialiasing mode in the
This call accepts the same modes recently added for font options
(NONE or GRAY) but affects the rendering of geometry other than
text. The intent of this call is to enable more precise control of
which pixels are affected by each operation, for example to allow
for full-scene antialiasing for seam-free rendering. It is not
expected that non-antialiased rendering will perform better than
* Three new functions were added to provide support for mixed cairo-
and non-cairo drawing to the same surface:
* The return type of the several "reference" functions was change,
(API compatibly), from void to the same type as the argument. The
affected functions are:
This allows a convenient way to assign and reference in a single
* Some portability improvements, (eg. workaround for missing stdint.h).
* Updated to allow compilation with older versions of freetype.
* Fix the unbounded operators to actually produce a correct result,
(previously the results were artificially restricted to the
bounding box of whatever shape was being drawn rather than
extending out infinitely). The fixed operators are:
* Fix cairo_mask and cairo_mask_surface to transform the mask by the
current transformation matrix (CTM).
* Fix cairo_set_source to lock the CTM used to transform the pattern.
* Workaround for X server Render bug involving repeating patterns
with a general transformation matrix.
* cairo_get_font_face fixed to return a "nil" font face object rather
than NULL on error.
* cairo_set_font_face fixed to not crash if given a NULL font face,
(which is the documented interface for restoring the default font
* Fix xlib glyphset caching to not try to free a NULL glyph.