Blogfish 1.0 is out
Posted on: 06/09/2005 11:07 AM
Blogfish 1.0 "Ready for Battering" is out
New features include:
* New simple peer for running on servers, systems without X
* Bugfixes: no longer sucks so much memory; dies nicely on exit;
networking bugs, lots; resizes nicely
* Drag and drop URL to add new fish
* Nice new icon
* UI compatibility with the Gnome Human Interface Guidelines
* Simpler install script
* Compatibility with Python lt; 2.3
* Beaten to release by Sarge, FFS
What is Blogfish?
Blogfish is the memepool.
Blogfish is social networking meets evolutionary software meets peer-to-pier networking. Blogfish is best eaten wrapped in newspaper, with salt and vinegar. Blogfish is the fin end of the wedge.
More prosaically, blogfish is a Gnome panel applet, written in Python using PyGTK and Gnome-python. It allows you to spread your blog URL, website URL or random thoughts to other users. Good memes survive; bad ones are voted down and go belly up.
Get your fish
There's a mailing list: you can subscribe by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org