Blam 1.8.1 released
Posted on: 06/20/2005 04:02 AM
Blam is an RSS reader for the GNOME desktop.
Blam features a simple to use interface that lets you focus on the news items. It's also works especially well for reading planet feeds where the same items might be aggregated across several planets.
This release is mainly a bug fix and cleanup release. The number one bug fix is that it should now be much harder to corrupt the collections database which resulted in the default collections file being read and stored some times.
Another mayor change is that HTML will now be stripped from the titles in feeds which resulted in a lot of weird looking titles.
The full list of changes are:
* Strip and escape HTML from titles (Heath Harrelson)
* Fixed problem with corruption of collections file. (micke)
* Improved the order for right-click channel menu (micke)
* Internal cleanups (micke)
* New translations (zh_TW)
* Updated translations (cs, da, nl, hu, en_CA, de, bg)
As usual you can download it at:http://ftp.imendio.com/pub/imendio/blam/src/blam-1.8.1.tar.gz
The official homepage for Blam is:http://developer.imendio.com/wiki/Blam