Beta version of Kile 1.7 released
Posted on: 09/13/2004 05:03 PM
A beta version of Kile 1.7 has been released
As of now the first public beta release of Kile, an Integrated LaTeX Environment for KDE, is available for download Read moreDownload
Kile-1.7 requires KDE 3.2 or newer.
This test release offers many new features, in particular the following should be tested (full Changelog can be found below):
- new tool system, QuickBuild tool can be configured completely
- it is possible to switch to other TeX systems besides LaTeX
- autocompletion of (La)TeX commands, configurable (Settings->Configure Kile->Complete)
- System Check (Settings->System Check), checks if all (La)TeX tools are available and if Kile is configured correctly. This needs to be checked since people have reported problems with this feature.
- Detailed clickable error summary.
Several others have worked on this release, in particular I would like to mention Holger Danielsson and Simon Martin, who both put a lot of effort into Kile.