amaroK 1.1 released
Posted on: 09/27/2004 03:29 PM
amaroK 1.1 has been released
The amaroK team announces version 1.1 of the amaroK audio playerRead more
In our never-ending quest to provide the most pleasant and rewarding music-listening experience we offer amaroK 1.1! So many improvements, five keyboards were destroyed in its making!
Over the 1.1 development cycle we have been in close contact with our users and addressed the most interesting and wanted feature requests. Here is a list of the most important new features:
* Automatic album cover-art download with integrated Cover-manager
* Support for the Media Application Server (MAS) backend
* Welcome-wizard to help you get up and running quickly and easily
* GStreamer-engine can crossfade and accept data from any KIO source
* Player-window adapts to the current KDE color scheme
* Extended tag-dialog with support for MusicBrainz and mass-tagging
* Cutting edge sqlite3 database for improved Collection performance
* Playlist-browser for managing saved playlists
* Intelligent music-rating system
* Integrated and contextual K3B-burning options
* Systray icon displays status information (yay!)
* Current and thorough handbook with many helpful screenshots
The developers feel this is our best release yet. amaroK is fast, stable, polished, fun and, above all, useful. We urge everyone to download the packages available at http://amarok.kde.org and give it a try. We look forward
to reading your comments on our forum or on #amarok.
amaroK 1.0 was recently reviewed by Linux Format magazine in the UK, and awarded 9/10 with a "Top Stuff Award", the article concluded: "Easily the best media-player for Linux at the moment. Install it now!"