Dear opensuse-security-announce subscribers and SUSE Linux Enterprise customers,
SUSE Security announces that the regular maintenance, security and L3 support for the SUSE LINUX Enterprise 8 line of products will end after November 2007.
The SUSE LINUX Enterprise 8 line consists of the following products:
- SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 8
- SUSE LINUX Openexchange Server 4.0
- SUSE LINUX Openexchange Server 4.1
- SUSE LINUX Retail Solution 8
- SUSE LINUX Standard Server 8
- SUSE LINUX Desktop 1.0
- UnitedLinux 1.0
All updates published will continue to be available for self-service download until November 2012.
We will however be offering Extended Support for 2 years for the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 product only.
The extended support has following limits:
- The offer is limited to the processor platforms Intel 32bit (i386) and IBM S/390 31bit (s390).
- Only critical security problems will be fixed, others depending evaluation.
- A certain sub-set of packages is no longer fixed. This list includes binary only software like Acrobat Reader, Java, and also some opensource software (Mozilla, PHP4, ucdsnmpd, snort, SpamAssassin, PostgreSQL).
- Additional update rights need to be purchased for the extension to be activated.
Please contact a Novell sales representative for more information if you are interested.
Following SUSE Linux Enterprise product lines will continue to be available with following end dates:
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 - General Support until July 2009
(and Novell Linux Desktop 9) Extended Support until July 2011
SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 - General Support until July 2011
Extended Support until July 2013
To learn more about SUSE Linux business products, please visit http://www.novell.com/linux/suse/
For a detailed list of the life cycles of our Enterprise Products please visit http://support.novell.com/lifecycle/
If you have any questions regarding this announcement, please do not hesitate your sales or support representative or to contact SUSE Security at lt;security at suse.degt;.